photojournalism 101 WORKSHOP
AUG 30 - OCT 18, 2017
WEDNESDAYS, 6:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
$224 (per person)
Whether you want to create a series of beautiful photographs to be installed in an exhibition or more of a written photo essay to be published in a magazine, over the course of this workshop, we will walk through the steps of creating your first photojournalism piece.
From the beginning steps of learning how to operate your digital SLR camera, to crafting a story, processing in Adobe Lightroom and pitching to publications or galleries, you will learn to create and finish your piece.
Students will also have the opportunity to exhibit work.
DSLR strongly encouraged (please contact me with any exceptions)
Please bring your fully-charged camera with its manual and a memory card, as well as a composition book and pen/pencil to every class
- Eight 2-hour lessons at The Armory Art Center in West Palm Beach, Florida
- Lessons will cover the breadth of photojournalism (how to use a DSLR, in-field instruction, story telling, post-processing, pitching completed piece to publications, and more)
- Instruction in a small group setting
- In-the-field photography instruction
- Photography lab (Mac desktop computers with Adobe Creative Suite will be provided)
price does not include
- Camera equipment
- What is not mentioned as included